Jowls Treatment Vancouver – Hush Beauty MD
Are you looking for an effective jowls treatment? Hush Beauty Anti-Aging and Skin Care Centre is here to help.
Jowls are a common issue that many people experience, and finding the proper treatment can be difficult. Fortunately, at Hush Beauty Anti-Aging and Skin Care Centre, we specialize in jowls treatments and can help you find the perfect solution.
With the help of Dr. Rose Wong and her team, you’ll learn about the different jowls treatment options available to you that address your unique needs.
If you’re concerned about the appearance of your jowls, treatment is right around the corner. Contact the team at Hush Beauty Anti-Aging and Skin Care Centre today to schedule your consultation!
What Are Jowls?
The appearance of jowls is unsettling for some, and choosing the right jowls treatment is a big decision.
Jowls are a common cosmetic concern. As we age, the skin loses elasticity, collagen production naturally decreases, and one of the most noticeable effects is the formation of jowls.
Jowls are fleshy drooping folds of skin that appear on the lower face and neck area. Despite what many believe, jowls are not just sagging skin on the neck. It can actually begin as high up as the cheeks and affect the chin and jawline.
Depending on the severity of the jowl formation, it can lead to a significant change in the shape of the face, with some being more extreme than others.
What Causes Jowls?
While the most common cause of jowls is the natural aging process, other factors contribute to their formation.
Yes, the primary cause of jowls is the natural aging process, where the body produces less collagen and elasticity in the skin decreases. When your body starts to reduce collagen production, your skin becomes thinner and more prone to sagging and wrinkles.
A few other causes of jowls include:
- Chronic Dehydration: If you’re not a big fan of water, then dehydration could become a problem, not only in the immediate but also as you age. Without proper hydration, your skin is less able to keep itself firm and tight, leading to jowls.
- Excessive Alcohol Consumption: Alcohol causes skin inflammation and dehydration. Over time, this can impact the body’s ability to produce collagen and elastin, leading to sagging and the formation of jowls.
- Genetics: Those born with more lax skin tend to have less elasticity and are prone to jowls.
- Lifestyle Habits: Poor diet and habits impact your body inside and out. Poor nutrition can significantly impact your skin’s ability to regenerate and repair itself, leading to premature aging.
- Poor Personal Hygiene: Not only do lifestyle and poor diet habits impact your skin, but habits, such as pulling and tugging at your skin while cleansing or removing makeup, can also lead to sagging and jowl formation.
- Significant Weight Gain/Loss: Extreme body changes, such as sudden weight gain and weight loss, can also impact the skin’s elasticity. If you lose weight quickly, your skin’s ability to bounce back becomes compromised, leading to excessive skin sagging and jowls.
- Smoking: Consistent use of tobacco products can damage the skin and lead to premature aging, including the formation of jowls.
Remember, everybody is different, meaning everyone’s chances of developing jowls will be different.
Can Jowls Be Prevented?
Since jowls’ formation naturally happens as part of the aging process, there is not much you can do to prevent them permanently. However, there are several things you can do to help keep your skin at its healthiest, including:
- Avoid excessive consumption of alcohol and processed foods
- Get enough sleep
- Quit smoking
- Maintain a healthy lifestyle and exercise regularly
- Maintain a regular skin care regimen that includes creams and lotions that hydrate and promote collagen production
- Practice proper posture
- Stay hydrated
- Turn that frown upside down, and avoid other repetitive expressions that pull the jaw and cheeks downward
- Wear sunscreen daily to prevent UV damage
Jowls Treatment: Options Worth Considering
Finding the right jowls treatment can be overwhelming with so many options available. At Hush Beauty Anti-Aging and Skin Care Centre, we offer several jowls treatments to help you achieve your desired results. Some of the most popular jowls treatments include:
FaceTite is one of the most advanced facial contouring and tightening treatments available. This non-invasive, non-surgical procedure uses a specialized device that emits radiofrequency energy to help stimulate the body’s collagen production and help tighten the skin. This procedure is an excellent option for those looking to improve the appearance of their jowls without plastic surgery.
Discover the many benefits of the FaceTite procedure here.
The Morpheus8 treatment is another non-invasive treatment that uses fractional radiofrequency to penetrate the skin to resolve fat and stimulate the natural production of collagen. This is an excellent option for those looking to reduce the appearance of their jowls and restore a more youthful appearance to their face.
Learn more about the benefits of a Morpheus8 treatment and how it can help tighten your skin.
We use biocompatible hyaluronic acid fillers, the only injectable fillers approved by Health Canada. Dermal fillers are an excellent option for those looking to enhance their appearance and help improve the appearance of their jowls. They help fill the areas of the face experiencing loss of volume, leading to conditions such as jowls.
Learn more about the benefits of Dermal Fillers here.
Thread lift treatments are a minimally invasive procedure that can help improve the appearance of jowls by lifting and tightening the skin around the jawline. During this procedure, tiny sutures are inserted into the face to help lift and reposition sagging skin. This allows Dr. Wong to tighten the skin and reduce the appearance of jowls.
Learn more about Thread lifts and how they can help improve the appearance of your neck and jawline.
Treatments like Botox are another minimally invasive procedure that can help reduce jowls’ appearance. Botox and other neurotoxins used in cosmetic procedures help relax the jawline muscles. This results in a smoother appearance of jowls early on.
Discover the many benefits of Botox and how it can help address many signs of aging.
Chemical peels are another excellent option for those looking to address jowls. These treatments are most known for their many skin-enhancing benefits of deep-tissue chemical peels. They have been shown to help stimulate collagen and elastin production and encourage the production of new skin cells, helping to further enhance the appearance of the jawline and reducing the appearance of jowls.
Check out how Chemical Peels can help improve your skin even further.
Medical-Grade Skin Care Products
Various medical-grade skin care products can help you improve the elasticity and collagen production of the face and neck. These products help replenish the skin with the necessary elements to maintain a youthful and healthy look.
Products such as retinol, peptides, and antioxidants help reduce the appearance of wrinkles and enhance collagen production. Vitamin C and hyaluronic acid products help hydrate the skin, improving its elasticity and firmness.
Check out our range of skincare products on our online store today!
Are You a Good Candidate for Jowls Treatment?
The best way to determine if you are a good candidate is to consult a qualified provider. During the consultation, your provider evaluates your facial anatomy and skin structure to decide which procedure is best for you.
In addition, your provider discusses any potential risks and benefits associated with the procedure. A thorough consultation ensures you make the best decision for your needs.
Jowls Treatment at Hush Beauty Anti-Aging and Skin Care Centre
At Hush Beauty Anti-Aging and Skin Care Centre, Dr. Rose Wong and her team strive to provide clients with the best possible jowls treatment results. Her team of experts is committed to providing you with the professional care and attention you need for a successful and safe treatment.
Dr. Rose Wong has a long history of treating patients in Vancouver and surrounding areas and specializes in anti-aging and regenerative medicine. With her guidance, you’re sure to find a treatment option that’s right for you.