Cellulite Treatment Vancouver at Hush Beauty MD
Can cellulite go away? With help from Dr. Rose Wong, you’ll enjoy smoother and firmer skin!
You may have cellulite if you’ve noticed your skin looking uneven, with lumps and dimples. But, don’t worry, this condition is very common. Nearly 90% of women and 10% of men experience cellulite.
Dr. Rose Wong and the Hush Beauty Anti-Aging and Skin Care Centre team can help you achieve long-term results. With her expert nonsurgical treatments for cellulite, you can feel more confident in your naturally beautiful skin.
Your dream skin is a phone call away. Contact Dr. Wong to discuss the best cellulite treatment option.
What Is Cellulite?
Everyone has a layer of fat between their muscle and skin, with connective tissue between the skin and muscle. Depending on how the fat cells gather beneath the skin, bumps can form as the fat cells push upward while the connective tissue pulls inward.
Cellulite’s appearance comes mostly from the connective tissue than the fat. When the connective tissue is stiff, and the skin loses its elasticity, it pushes against the fat layer more. That’s why people of all shapes and sizes can have cellulite.
Where Does Cellulite Appear?
Cellulite is most common in the buttocks, thighs, and stomach areas because there are more layers of fat in these areas. Depending on its severity, it can appear when you squeeze your skin together or is visible without pressure.
Cellulite is painless and harmless. People choose to seek treatment purely for cosmetic reasons as smoother skin can boost your confidence or achieve a desired look.
If you notice bumpy skin along with pain, talk with your primary care doctor, as it could be another condition like lipedema, a medical condition requiring professional treatment.
What Is the Main Cause of Cellulite?
The exact cause of cellulite is unknown, and anyone can have it, regardless of gender, age, or weight. Cellulite is natural and is nothing to feel embarrassed about.
Certain circumstances can increase your chances of developing cellulite, including:
- Age: As your skin loses its elasticity and your fat cells increase in size with age, cellulite becomes more visible. However, cellulite can appear as early as the teenage years.
- Sex: Women have a higher chance of getting cellulite than men because of how women’s connective tissue interlaces. It doesn’t hold the fat cells as well as men’s connective tissue. Women also have more layers of fat around their hips and stomach than men.
- Weight: People of all weights can have cellulite, but those with higher fat percentages tend to have more noticeable cellulite.
- Genetics: The thickness of your skin can hide or reveal cellulite. Genetics also determines how elastic your connective tissue is.
- Hormones: As estrogen levels decrease (which is common with age), you’ll have less circulation and larger fat cells, which can increase your chances of cellulite.
How Can You Prevent Cellulite?
Cellulite isn’t completely avoidable since many causes are genetics and age-related. However, there are a few steps you can do to decrease your chances of developing cellulite or reduce its appearance.
- Increase your activity level throughout the day.
- Avoid tight underwear and clothing that can hinder blood flow, especially around the thighs and buttocks.
- Eat healthier foods with lower fat content to reduce the chances of building up fat under the skin.
- Regularly exercise to tone the skin and muscles to reduce the appearance of cellulite.
- Take care of your natural skin. Over-cleaning, not wearing sunscreen, and using too many harsh chemicals can strip your skin of its natural oils that keep it elastic and healthy.
4 Cellulite Treatment Options at Hush Beauty for Smoother Skin
While there’s no way to remove cellulite permanently, these treatment options improve the skin’s texture while targeting the areas of fat buildup.
These treatment options work best alongside lifestyle changes to avoid the reappearance of cellulite.
Here are four of the best ways to lose cellulite with the help of Dr. Rose Wong:
1. Dermal Fillers
Injectable dermal fillers add volume to your skin to increase its firmness and smooth appearance.
When you receive dermal fillers, a trained professional will inject the filler into the area with cellulite. Then, they will evenly distribute the filler by gently massaging it. You won’t feel much during the process because you’ll receive topical anesthetic.
See a trained professional for this treatment to ensure you see the desired results. Professionals know how to properly administer the injection and ensure the filler is evenly distributed to avoid unwanted lumps.
Learn more about the benefits of Dermal Fillers here.
2. Biostimulatory Filler
Radiesse is an innovative dermal filler that helps you achieve your desired results longer. Like other fillers, a professional administers it through injections.
However, what makes Radiesse unique is its ingredients that stimulate your body’s collagen production. Collagen improves the appearance of cellulite by rehydrating your skin and strengthening that essential connective tissue. This results in younger, healthier skin that is less likely to show cellulite.
Learn more about the benefits of Radiesse dermal fillers here.
This radio frequency skin tightening treatment adds the benefits of microneedling to improve the appearance of cellulite.
- Radio Frequency Energy is a wave of energy that warms the tissue. This action boosts your collagen and elastin production. Both these proteins build healthier and more flexible skin. Improved skin flexibility reduces the appearance of cellulite dimples.
- Microneedling uses tiny needles to prick the skin, creating pathways for the radio frequency energy.
Combining the two techniques allows our professionals to go deeper into your skin for longer-lasting results.
Morpheus8 can work across your entire body, including your stomach, legs, and arms.
Learn more about the benefits of Morpheus8 here.
4. Cellulite Control Cream
ZO Skin Health by Zein Obagi MD smooths out the appearance of cellulite for visibly firmer skin.
You apply the cream twice daily to all the areas where your cellulite is visible. The cream hydrates the skin and improves its elasticity to reduce that orange peel appearance.
This treatment is ideal for slight cellulite or to upkeep problem areas after treatment. If you have more extensive cellulite or the cream isn’t working, consider one of Hush Beauty Anti-Aging and Skin Care Centre’s other treatments.
Learn more about the benefits of ZO Skin Health cream.
Should You Consider Cellulite Treatment?
Because cellulite is common, acceptable, and harmless, treatment isn’t essential, but rather a personal preference. Some people wish to treat cellulite to improve their confidence or to achieve a desired look. Remember that your skin is beautiful, no matter whether you choose treatment or not.
Choosing cellulite treatment is very personal. If you’re unsure it’s right for you, schedule a consultation with our caring and knowledgeable team at Hush Beauty Anti-Aging and Skin Care Centre to discuss your concerns and find an option you’re comfortable with.
What Treatment Should You Choose?
The treatment you receive can depend on how severe your cellulite is. Generally, cellulite falls into four grades:
- Grade 0: No cellulite is visible, so any changes occur beneath the skin.
- Grade 1: The skin is starting to look and feel less elastic. While cellulite isn’t visible when standing, you can see cellulite when you pinch the skin together.
- Grade 2: Slight dimples appear, giving the signature orange peel appearance. It may go away when you lie down.
- Grade 3: The dimples are deepened and are constantly visible.
What Type of Cellulite Do You Have?
The best treatment option also depends on the type of cellulite you have. Soft cellulite occurs with age. When the skin loses its elasticity, and someone gains weight, cellulite is more visible.
You can pair treatment with a healthier diet and regular exercise if you have soft cellulite.
If you have hard cellulite, it can appear when you’re younger and is often genetic. This type of cellulite occurs because the connective tissue is naturally tighter, causing that dimpled appearance. This type of cellulite usually doesn’t respond to diet changes and activity but can respond to specific treatments.
Ask a professional at Hush Beauty Anti-Aging and Skin Care Centre to diagnose the type and grade of cellulite you have and receive personalized advice on the best ways to combat its appearance.
How Long Does It Take for Cellulite to Start Going Away?
Cellulite doesn’t go away on its own. To reduce its visibility, you must make permanent lifestyle changes. A healthy diet, exercise, and avoiding restrictive clothing can make small changes over time.
Creams and ointments can take weeks, depending on your cellulite’s severity.
You’ll need professional treatment if you want to see a difference within a few days. Dr. Rose Wong’s treatment provides immediate results, which continue to improve over the next few days as the swelling decreases.
Can Cellulite Go Away? Dr. Wong Says Yes!
Is your cellulite keeping you from feeling the best you can? Don’t let your cellulite hold you back. With Dr. Rose Wong’s leading cellulite treatment in Vancouver, you can feel more confident in your skin.
Are you ready to let your natural beauty shine through?
Schedule an appointment and find the best treatment for your desired results.